Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need someone to build simple prototype

Status
Not open for further replies.

untampit

Dear electro-tech users,
I need some experienced user to build me a prototype for this following project:
The smallest micro-controller available for this project, should receive data from a magnetic head and pass it on to a EEPROM or to the internal memory.
The power source must be a very small but long lasting battery.
The system must have the ability to be connected to a computer trough direct connection ( to save space ).The information will be handled by some customized software interface ( something simple ).
If any of you is interested of this project to make it from A to Z please let me know in private with your fee.
If you have any further questions, please post them here.
I pay for all the components required.
The creator of this project must be able to modify it in the future like attaching other things, etc.
Thank you for your time and I appreciate your work,
Best regards

Last edited:
Dear electro-tech users,
I need some experienced user to build me a prototype for this following project:
The smallest micro-controller available for this project, should receive data from a magnetic head and pass it on to a EEPROM or to the internal memory.
The power source must be a very small but long lasting battery.
The system must have the ability to be connected to a computer trough direct connection ( to save space ).The information will be handled by some customized software interface ( something simple ).
If any of you is interested of this project to make it from A to Z please let me know in private with your fee.
If you have any further questions, please post them here.
I pay for all the components required.
The creator of this project must be able to modify it in the future like attaching other things, etc.
Thank you for your time and I appreciate your work,
Best regards

Doing a bit of ATM fraud? ;)

i`m not insulting anyone , but I am no thief.
I come here to ask for something and pay for it.
I expect professional discussion only.
thanks

what does my country have to do with part selection ? :)
or with "affecting cost" lol
anyway i`m from czech republic and for that man who called me a thief : they implemented cip & pin to our country 1 year ago....all the banks.
This is more like a spy project that i can't discuss in here.
it is related with the company i work for.
thanks

Ok now the spec requires a keypad or some other form of PIN entry. Or are you not recording the PIN? An since the mag-card reader is unlikely to be battery powered then why not just tap into the power from the reader itself? How many tracks is the reader? One / two / three? do you know the data format? Will you be able to supply the reader hardware to the designer? Do you need an NDA?

no, they don't have pin.
it's some kind of identification card.
i will try to get the model but the problem is it is not typed on the machine.
i`ll try to open it and make a photo

Without a datasheet on the card reader it'll have to be reverse engineered, do you know the format of the data embedded on the card? Is it a credit card? Does the shift key on your keyboard function?

Well badge is fine, do you have access to it's data format?

As for your shift key, well a sentence tends to start with a capital. It's a reflection of your maturity / skill / age / professionalism to at least not appear like the so many little kids that frequent the forums. Putting effort into your posts will help to get them taken seriously. Vague / top secret posts usually find their way to ridicule. (They usually turn out to be little kids late on their homework assignments)

Yes i know the data format but I cannot disclose it.
I don't understand why is this required ? A magnetic card reader like the mini123ex wich cost by they way 350 USD don't need all this information so you can make it work, you just swipe the card.
I really don't understand why do you need to know what format is on the stripe as long as the magnetic head will read any data.
And regarding my shift key I am not in the mood of typing right now I have been up for a while.
Maybe you should read this here goldtronics: Magnetic Stripe Card Reader with PIC12F683
All I need is a small magnetic head ( 3 tracks ) connected to a microcontroller ( small model ) , the data should go to a eeprom + the battery & computer connection.
This is all I am asking for.Can this be done without spending thousands of dollars ?

Last edited:
Well you don't connect any microcontroller directly to a mag head. The reader will have its own circuitry and will clean up the data and look like the illustration posted on the site you linked to.
**broken link removed**

Why not contact them and get them to do your design? They might do it for peanuts or beer money.

Does your company have no money?

Last edited:
There is no need to talk with me this way I don't mean to upset you but use your head , why would I pay you 2000 for a design when I can buy a reader for 350-400 $...
And you won't need any data cleaning
There are just a bunch of zeros over there, I can extract the info manually.
Or I could just use the intellihead.
best regards

So what's stopping you from contacting the students on the site you linked to? (was that your site?) How did I upset you? And if you can buy a reader for $350 - $400 that would probably be cheaper than the custom work and programming required for a design from scratch. I asked your budget in my original post, if you had said $200 well that's peanuts & beer.

You also never said how much memory you want on the reader, how long in hours the battery is expected to last, how small you wanted the device, do you want a custom enclosure?

A typical embedded engineer cost will often start from $100 hr and not one will ever start a project without a well laid out specification.

This appears more like a homework assignment than an actual company project...

Last edited:
Battery should be up like 12 hours.
It should have a on/switch ( very litlle )
It should be as little as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back