Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need some help in my school work...

Status
Not open for further replies.
dont have much..>.<....have to plan out something...if teacher aprove, then will order the component...>.< what's ur idea?..mind telling?:confused:..O..also the reason on the schmitt trigger is to stable the logic so the mircocontroller wont gone "crazy" till to the jumping voltage coming out from 741 output....

I'll try to suggest something.

What you need is a schmitt that will switch over at about +2.5V and gives a close to 0V and close to +5V swing.

If you had any components it would be easy to do, but without any components its difficult.:)

Last edited:
if there need of any components i will try get them..>.<...Cos this project is like if need of component, need write then can take....X.X...But im just been lost...not very sure what to do..>.<...Need some guide...X.X

if there need of any components i will try get them..>.<...Cos this project is like if need of component, need write then can take....X.X...But im just been lost...not very sure what to do..>.<...Need some guide...X.X

hi,
You need a LM393 comparator to replace the 741 in the circuit.
This will give a swing in output of approx 0.1V to 4.5V which will meet the requirements of the PIC input.

Ask your tutor which components you are allowed to use, other than the 741 which is unsuitable for this project.

ok..i will ask....also for the schmitt trigger...my teacher say b4 ask me to check on 74LS04 and 74LS06...but both of them r not schmitt trigger i think...I see the datasheet but its dont have the schmitt trigger "icon"...correct me if im wrong...also how to choose a schmitt trigger model?

Got any 555's floating around? I've seen 555's used as schmitt triggers. End of this page
555 and 556 Timer Circuits
I have more respect for 555's after I found all the other things you could do with them besides use them as timers =)

ok..i will ask....also for the schmitt trigger...my teacher say b4 ask me to check on 74LS04 and 74LS06...but both of them r not schmitt trigger i think...I see the datasheet but its dont have the schmitt trigger "icon"...correct me if im wrong...also how to choose a schmitt trigger model?

A 74LS14 is a schmitt hex invertor ic

Attachments

• 74LS14.pdf
    168.4 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:
o.o....timer 555....i remember somewhere in the lab lay a timer 555...o no...hope its still there laying and dont move..>.< In the lab is quite messy as my senior put stuff everywhere...Now left all to me...Z.Z If need anything really have search up and down for the component...Hope can find all the 3 ic in a "Component Hunt"...><

You can make the LM393 comparator behave like a Schmitt trigger by adding hysteresis with a little positive feedback as described in its datasheet.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back