Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need some advice, please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

partycles

hi, i need some advice/help getting a light to turn on at a reasonable cost.

i work for a balloon shop/event decorating business and i need to get balloon lights to work as a stand alone product, as they are to be placed in the center of a table for a formal function (ie. cannot be plugged into a socket).

the balloon lights are 24watt florecent bulbs running off 240vac as seen here **broken link removed**

i have tried to run the light off an inverter and 12vdc 18 amphour sealed led acid battery, but im having trouble with the cheaper inverters and have been told i need a pure sine wave inverter (is this right?) which will lift the cost well above budget :(

i have also tried changing the bulb to a filament bulb but it is too high a wattage and runs too hot to be right next to a latex balloon

the battery and inverter (or whatever alternative u can think of) has to fit inside a bin 250mm dia by 300 high and still leave a 30mm pound space in the centre. also the whole lot has to be do-able by someone with limited electrical skill/knowedge and has to be done for 20 tables

here is a pic i rushed together of the type of thing im going for
**broken link removed**

any help would be great, or if im on the wrong forum, could you suggest somewhere i could go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back