Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need roach zapper Circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you really think that would work? Cockroaches have been around for millions of years longer than people, its not so easy to get rid of them with some electronic gadget.
These critters hunt by smell. You'd be much better off to lure them with some food smells and poison them.
Zappers work well for insects attracted (or bedazzled) by light. Roaches tend to run for cover in light, at least the ones we have here do :shock:

Klaus

In other words, what Klaus is saying, is to illuminate every possible part of your house, with 200W bulbs, all day, every day :idea: Hooray, more money for the power co. :!:

lol. you know i thought of this idea once, when i murdered a few one night.
i thought of making a device that will areact them(basicly with food) and detect when the roach gets inside and then ....ouch....
but there is one problem. you need to generate quite a lot of voltage, and quite a bit of current.
anyway, i found this site http://www.geocities.com/tjacodesign/bugzap/zapper.html wich seems to have all you need.

I built a cricket zapper one year. The noisy things would walk into the house under the screen door. I just used a wire mounted flush to a piece of wood with a second wire mounted a half inch above that. Hooked it to an old bug zapper transformer.

It killed lots of crickets, but it set a few on fire.
:twisted:

wow.....crickets too....
i like the idea of using a zapper for circkets, Levantti. i have problems with the mosquitos, but it seems that they dont seem to fall to the trap of the UV light and high voltage device. any of you found a way to get them?

Hi,

you can attract mosquitoes with a sound,
and also repel them with another sound.

I think the attracting sound works better.

I think its to do with male and female,
but i don't know which is which.

John :)

Mosquitos are attracted to carbon dioxide more than almost anything else. As mammals exhale, the little insects "smell" it from a mile away and head right in that direction. The new mosquito traps use propane to make a little flame generating CO2 to attract the mosquitos. I'm going to try removing the bulb from a conventional bug zapper and put one of those cheap votive candles in there and see how it works. It should generate enough CO2 to attract at least a few mosquitos.

Mosquitos, by the way, are not really attracted to light. Bug zappers with the purple flourescent lights usually kill more beneficial insects than harmful ones.

We won't talk about my groundhog zapper, my wife was rather upset by the time the third one went to heaven.

Have any of you seen the comedy movie "Joes Apartment" The hero in the movie talks with roaches. His place is overrun with them. Mebbe you could... Just an idea.

You can use the next circuit. Must adjust the pots in different sets. this circuit must generated a 5 differente frec below 22 khz. If you have a pet may be need a retouch on the pots. The circuit was generated by the site www.pablin.com.ar unfortenaly this site over spanish but you can find help anywhere.

Attachments

• circuito.gif
    circuito.gif
    10.8 KB · Views: 1,108
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back