Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need PCB designing and provide Gerber files

Status
Not open for further replies.

brownout440

Need PCB design layout and provide Gerber files

I have a Batt charger project I am collecting parts for and such, and am wondering if anyone would provide PCB design and gerber files so that I can get boards made.

All I have for design is ExpressPCB and the price is very steep for the amount of boards I want to have made.

I found a prototyping shop with very very reasonable prices, but they need Gerber.

I have Eagle, but the learning curve is just too steep for me right now.
Took me hours just finding components in the library.

Just a standard data sheet design using the MCP73832 controller with the addition
of pads for 5 program resistors (instead of just the one) selectable by jumper on board edge (long 40mm edge) edge so I can select/vary the charge rate dependant on battery capacity.

No more than 2 sided.

Chip (MCP73832) is SOT23-5 package

Other components are SMT 1206/1210 packages (total of 10 or 11 components)

Filled plain if possible.

Board should be small, approx 15mm X 40mm with LED indicator located same edge as selector jumpers.

3mm mountong holes each corner

Input on one edge (15mm side) output along opposite edge (15mm side)

Jumper I will be using is same type/size used on IDE hard drive for selecting master/slave.
Don't know what they are (type or component), but can supply pin center distance.

Silk screen component layout prefferable, but not necessary.

Board size by prototyper is "50mm X 50mm max", so 3 on a board with clearance to cut them out by hand and also single board separate files,

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited:
please provide the link to the schematic
and indicate the size of pcb and restrictions there on
you may also indicate shape and restricted areas to enable fixing etc, if you have a case for the same.

Thanks sarma, awaiting moderator approval on answer I posted I guess because of the link.

Link is at alldatasheets dot com
Circuit layout (schematic) is on first page: "Typical application" circuit except need 5 program resistors instead of just the 1 so I can jumper select different charge currents.

reference MCP73832

3 of the same circuits on 1 board. Board size 50mm X 50mm spaced so I can cut them out by hand.

1 separate single circuit board size 15mm X 40mm I can use as master incase I need mods later.

No restrictions except 3mm hole on corners of board including on 3 on 1 board so it will have 3mm mounting holes on each piece in corners when I cut them out.

Just solder pads each end for power in and charger out to batt.

Last edited:
Please check these sch and pcb artwork. R2 to R4 will help setting the charging current
you can wire a switch from prog to any of the other pins called prog1 ...... prog4

Attachments

• mcp73832 charger sch.pdf
    17.4 KB · Views: 325
  • mcp73832 charger top.pdf
    15.6 KB · Views: 287
Thanks sarma,

looks pretty good.

Can you add 1 more programming resistor.
Would like to have 5 settings.

Take the input and output out to the board edges as solder pads, left and right. (Maybe on back of board?)

Make the led SMT and thru-hole, don't know yet how deep into enclosure it will be,
and it would be nice to have the option for either.

And finally (I know I'm asking a lot, and I really appreciate this), do a 3 on 1 board thats 50mm X 50mm so I can cut them apart
after they are etched.

Need the single circuit board also so I can use as master and play with it in Eagle to get practice.

I really appreciate this.

That was quick.

Took me longer just to find components in the library in eagle, let alone trying to place them and running traces, which I'm
having a hard time learning.

Last edited:
3 on 1 board something like this:::

Board size 50mm X 50mm.

that is the size board maker will use,
so I might as well use the space to put a few of them on there.

Attachments

• Untitled001.jpg
    Untitled001.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 152
Last edited:
i am enclosing a pdf file. I really don't know how to create the gerber, as I never needed that. if you can give email i can send a .rar file. Try to manage at your end. All the best. you may pm me your email address

Attachments

• charger_ tripli.pdf
    48.7 KB · Views: 193
Last edited:
Can I have the eagle files too, as a starting point for a 4-channel charger? I have worked before in eagle, it's just easier not to start from scratch. After I modify them I can post them if anybody is interested.

Thanks a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back