Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need main board for PIC16F84

Status
Not open for further replies.
i am trying to build something low cost, cause it will be only used to do simple function.. no need for pricey one

That is far too vague. What do you want on it? What would you like on it? You need to be more specific.

DONT USE THE 16F84 SUBSTITUTE WITH 16F88

Nice of you to help Krumlink ^^

Back to the question. I agree with these folks, its a vague question, not much info to go on. You say 'Main board', which to me, means something that gives the microcontroller (which ever one you use) power, a crystal osc, reset, and access to all I/O pins. So you can just give it power and away you go. Also, don't forget programming header.

From Google
http://www.rentron.com/PicBasic/products/PROTO-BOARDS.htm

Very basic, and handy for one off 'simple' stuff. Alternatively, get some stripboard (veroboard) off ebay, and knock up a circuit yourself. All you would need is a regulator, a few caps, a resistor, and a crystal.

IF however, you mean 'main board' as in 'board that has everything on it and can control the world' then I think we will need more information. Google

Considering almost ALL the 18-pin PIC's have the same pinout, don't search Google for '16F84 board', search '18-pin PIC board'. You'll find plenty of results. Try Ebay too, I haven't plugged it enough recently.

Blueteeth

Google

ps. Subliminal messaging DOES work.

elmediel said:
need main board for PIC16F84...
please give me schematic diagram..

Well as everyone stated you should use another micro controller.
I would recommend the 16F627A
it's an easy chip to use and has an internal clock built in so you don't have to use external oscillator although for long lines of code I would recommend using external.

And as for a board is it really necessary?
I would just go with a bread board and a programmer
or set up the bread board to program your pic, then just clear everything off and make your circuit.

elmediel said:
need main board for PIC16F84...
please give me schematic diagram..
If you are doing for the first time, better to take advise already given by experts, for a superior and cheaper chip.
regarding the main board, I suggest, if you can wield the soldering iron, better try on DOTs board or general purpose board and and you will enjoy with little extra care. Later on you can start designing your own layouts as the circuitry will be such that even if you select a pre-designed one, the amount of wiring to meet your needs would be almost same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back