Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help with the "Sound Activated LED Flasher Circuit"

Status
Not open for further replies.

damende53

from circuitdesign.org.
I have made two changes from the original design. I am only using one LED not two and I'm using RadioShacks MPS2222A NPN transistors instead of the 9013's.
I have tested all of the parts out of the circuit and they do verify within spec's (the only exception to that is the surface mount mic that I have). I cannot figure out who the manufacturer of the part is (bought it to fill out a minimum order sort of thing). However is does show continuity across the leads.
If anyone is familiar with this circuit and knows of any changes that need to be made please send me an e-mail at:
Thank you for any help you can offer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why didn't you post the schematic?
The website you posted does not have the circuit.
Google shows a circuit with the same name on another website. It this it?
It is designed completely WRONG!

Yes, that is the design that I am working with.
Thank you for your insight. I'll make some adjustment today to see if I can get it to work.

I fixed the awful circuit and it simulates well when the transistors are "typical". It is faily sensitive and the LEDs blink with normal conversation and music. The max current in the LEDs is only 10mA each which should be fairly bright. Use only red LEDs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back