Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help with HPS fixture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently purchased a high pressure sodium lamp for my garage. It has 2 wires white and black. I already know white is neutral and black is hot. I'm trying to connect it to an old computer psu cord. It has brown, blue and green wires and a shield. I connected black on the lamp to brown on the cord, and blue on the cord to white on the lamp. Doesnt have a ground wire on the lamp fixture. I just wanted to know if I wired it correctly. Thanks in advance.

Yep, I plugged them in last night, and they all work. However, I suspect the bulbs are going bad, as they keep cycling after warm up.

The lamps sound dead.
Sodium lamps as they burn the voltage required to maintain the arc increases, eventually to a voltage higher than the supply and they go out, at which point they cool down & then the ignitor fires it up again.
Looks like you have duds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back