NEED HELP WITH AUDIO AMP TO TENS ELECTRODES

Status
Not open for further replies.

acdigital

Hello Dear Friends, I need to know dos and do not about my idea. My knowledge with electronics is near Zero but I am doing at DIY projects.

I have a software that generates healing frequencies from 20Hz to 20Khz out of my audio interface, now I need to connect the output signal to tens electrodes to potentially to pass the frequencies to the body. Between this two (audio interface output and the tens electrodes) I need and amplifier.

Here my first thoughts that could make sense or not:

Note: Tens Machines are for pulse muscle stimulation

1. Connect the audio interface output to a 4 channel headphone amp about (10W output max) with individual volume control to the electrodes and stick the electrodes to the skin
2. Connect the audio interlace output to a speaker output of a regular amplifier about 30W, I am not sure the skin will support the speaker output voltage, it could be harmful

BUILDING A AUDIO DEVICE SPECIFIC:

1. Build a device with one or more mono amp(s) boards kind of the attached one found on AliExpress that delivers from 10W to 30W (I GUESS) (photos attached) 6 to 12V POWER and max 3A OUTPUT
2. I need a potentiometer to control IN and/or OUT? which kind? which value? where to connect it?
3. Do I need IN and/or Filters?
4. How to ground the amp inside an aluminum or plastic enclosure?
5. How to feed one or more amps with 6 to 12V converted from a 110V/220V outlet? Does it need to be 3pin or 2pin electric cord?
6. Maybe just a disassembled headphones could be used to carry the frequencies to the tens pad?
7. Last photo is a technical specs of a Tens machine

Maybe audio an amplifier is not the answer and I need your help and guidance.

Kindly,
Paulo

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-07-11 at 11.10.31 AM.png
    194.8 KB · Views: 119
  • Screen Shot 2023-07-11 at 11.10.20 AM.png
    327.1 KB · Views: 133
  • mono-amp-schematic.jpg
    826.2 KB · Views: 117
  • tens-electrodes-on-skin.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 115
  • tens-electrodes-on-skin2.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 113
  • Technical-output-specifications-of-a-standard-TENS-device.png
    39.7 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…