Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help with a remote monitor panel

Status
Not open for further replies.

56eebo

Hello Everybody,,,,
I want to make a remote monitor for a UPS, the UPS has a programmable relays contacts socket. the relays are 220VAC/1A.
I just need a LEDs & Buzzers to turn ON in a specific conditions, Does anybody have a circuit that might help me???

I work in a hospital and I need this monitor very much ... please help...:eek::eek:

No answers in 30 minutes? Wow! Patients....or should I say patents. ;)

How about more info. Wiring of the programmable relays contacts socket? What you want to happen when?

The devil's in the details.

Ken

Sorry man,,,
There is a programmable relays on the UPS with free contacts, for example when the UPS turn to "Battery Mode" relay no.1 will be energized and closes/open its contact. I need a remote light that indicates that the UPS in battery mode. But I don't know how to build this circuit. I want a simple circuit that I can manage it with my little knowledge ...

Last edited:
Like this.....

ken

Forgot the circuit. :eek:

Attachments

• UPSRemoteIndicator.gif
    UPSRemoteIndicator.gif
    6.9 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:
thanks man,
But please tell me why you put the resistance with the led (just to learn)
and please if I want another relays , how I connect them with other lights using one source??

Last edited:
LEDs are "current controlled" devices. The voltage drop across them is constant...~1.7V for red ones. So, a resistor in required to limit the current to a safe value...~0.01 Amp... and drop the difference between the supply voltage, 12V, and 1.7V. (12V-1.7V)/0.01A=1030 ohms. You will see some panel mounted LED's labeled "12VDC", but they already have a resistor in the case.

ken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back