Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help with a dead remote

Status
Not open for further replies.

CMServiceguy

Hi all. New here and looking for help repairing a remote control.

It is for a product called Yacht Controller. It's basically a system people use to wirelessly dock their boat. The remote just stopped working, will not power on. these units are waterproof for a little while but I'm positive this unit did not get wet.

I know nothing about circuitry repairs (ask me to install a radar, autopilot or satellite TV system and I've got you covered). There isn't anything more I can offer about the remote since I can't power it on and test the other functions. It was working fine before it just stopped but that is all I know.

Not looking for a free repair. Your time is valuable and I understand things cost money. I'm looking for help as I gave my customer my stock/test remote and would like to repair this for a replacement.

Thank you,
Rich

From info on the makers site, it seems these units are also dual-band RF, for redundancy.
Yes, these are 966 and 433 MHz transmitters.
It may be worth tracing the connections from the battery to the board and checking for appropriate voltages??
That's the problem. Not understanding the functions of the pieces involved, I can only trace it until it doesn't go any further. At that point i'm not sure if I'm supposed to have voltage further once the unit is on or if the part is defective. I'm not skilled in this type of work. It's not that I can't do it, it's more that I just don't understand (yet) what I'm looking for.

A littl update: I believe I had a bad touchpad as I had power going in but not coming out on any pin. replaced it and now, when I touch the power button, I get a short direct to ground on the output side.

Attachments

• 20230321_171910.jpg
    20230321_171910.jpg
    553 KB · Views: 124
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back