Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help with 555 timer circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Good Ole Boy

Hello,

I am wanting to include a timer circuit camera modification I am making. This will be the first time I have used the 555 IC so be easy on me with the below questions.

All I am wanting to do is delay a relay from closing by triggering the IC to send a single pulse to a NO relay instead of the current direct connection which closes it and complete another circuit immediately. In looking at the pins of the IC, I have read that pin 2 is the trigger, pin 3 is output and pin 4 is the reset.

Does a voltage coming down the line cause the trigger to set or what makes the function of the IC begin?

Am I required to do anything with the other pins since I am only wanting to cause a delay with this IC?

Can I wire the output(pin 3) to the reset (pin 4) so that the output voltage makes the IC reset?

Any suggestions here?

hello, i have some questions before i can give an answer..

what voltages are we talking about, on the trigger.

how long do you want to delay.. do you want to take time delay pictures?

We are talking around 5v to the trigger.

No I do not need but a mS or so delay added. What I am trying to accomplish is to allow enough time to pass for the camera to power up before it takes a picture. It only takes a split second to power the camera, but I cant simultaneously accomplish both because its not that quick. Can you help?

do you mean reset instead of refresh? the reset pin is used to restart the timer back to zero. (there is a better discription here **broken link removed**)

so you would just need to use the monostable/one shot schematic about halfway down the page.
you can either use a switch or send a pulse to the trigger to start the timer. (as shown by the 2 schematics).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back