Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need Help w/ a Simple Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

nsellars

This project would be simple if I knew anything about building a circuit from scratch. I've had kits before, but I've never attempted anything on my own.

I'm working on a project and I need a circuit that will give power to a small motor for a short period of time, switch off and then switch back on automatically. I would like it to repeat this pattern indefinitely. Currently I'm using an AC/DC adapter with various voltage settings to power the motor. I usually use the lowest setting which is 1.5 volts.

I know this is a very basic request, but I just don't know where to start. I would really appreciate any help. If you need more information about the project, please let me know.

Thanks,

I believe you could use a 555 to fufil this requirement, but im not up on analog stuff - what sort of delays are we talking about on/off etc

there are many 555 circuits both here and elsewhere on the 'net that you could use.

Can you define "for a short period of time, switch off and then switch back on automatically" in more concrete terms, such as: OFF>ON 5 Sec>OFF 10 Sec >ON 5 Sec>.... It would help us help you. ;)

Ken

I knew the duration of time was something I should have included. I would like 1 second on and 1 second to 2 seconds off, but it doesn't need to be exact.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back