Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help to find the right wire to solder a heated element to a Rheostat Switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

curvenut

Hi ,

I am a new DIY in soldering / electronic.
My current DIY project is to do a heated glove. I have the heated element that can be plugged
to a power bank with a USB A .
And I also bought a switch button to turn off and have the ability to adjust temperature to 3 level. This switch need to be solder
to the heated element wire.

The problem is I really dont kown which wire of the switch need to be solder to which one of the heat element. I tried a couple combination but no result, the heated element is not warm.

The switch I bought it on aliexpess :
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001510979242.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.0.0.21ef1802JzXe8V
But They dont have much information .

The first picture is the wiring I tried , but it doesnt work when I plug it to the power bank
The wiring I tried is as follow:
switch black wire: 1 wire power
switch red wire : 1 wire power + 2 wire heat element

Any one have idea of the right wiring ??

Thanks a lot !

NOTE: I use tape to connect because it is testing for now .

Wiring switch + heat element + power

20220210_000923.jpg

The heated element is this one :
20220209_235431.jpg

here the switch :

20220209_235752.jpg

I believe that switch unit may be for a dual-element system; eg. one low power and one medium power element, and with the high power setting achieved by switching both on at the same time.

Connect red and black directly to the power input positive and negative.

Then try connecting the element between one white wire and positive/red, and see if it gets warm at any switch setting?
If not, try connecting between a white and negative/black.

Hi,
Thanks for your help
I tried it as you said but with no result .. the heatinf helement is not getting hot but there are some light on the button.

The button has 3 levels of power .

I am still scratching my head to find the right conneciotn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back