Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need help on a switch of some sort

Status
Not open for further replies.
PC88 i knew you were right :) i was just seeing if there was anything out there other thatn this. however this is the simplist and most practical that i can come up with, okay its the only thing i can come up with. ill go play with one today

Hey PC88 help me out with these Pins so i know where to wrie it up to i have tried a lot of configurations but non that work. I also got to thinking and do i need a DPDT or just a DPST being it is always on then the throw switches it over???

What 8-pin thing are you talking about? A relay?

Every relay has its own pin-out. At the very least you'll have to show me what it looks like.

nice camera hard at work:) please dont make fun of me cause i couldnt get this going but here isthe relay
**broken link removed**

If you must use an all electronic version you could use a power PNP to light the LEDs:

I did not test this, but I don't think there are any reasons why it wouldn't work... It also is an example of a circuit that I don't really like but it's quick and dirty.

R1=1.5K ohm, 1/4 watt
Q1=any high current low voltage PNP-Darlington like TIP125. You may be able to get away with a non-darlington with 560 ohm, 1/2W resistor and a crappy transistor like a TIP42.

all other components are as you need. May have to tweak some of the values/transistors depending on your load.

I did not draw in the rest of the 555 circuit.

P.S. : Having blue lights on your car can get you ticketed. If you get a ticket for impersonating a cop, don't say I didn't warn you...

Attachments

• multidrv.png
    multidrv.png
    4 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:
For starters try this:

left COM: Vcc
left NC: supply to RED led array
left NO: unconnected

right COM: Vcc
right NC: unconnected
right NO: supply to BLUE led array

coil unenergized => RED led array is active
coil energized => BLUE led array is active

What voltage are you using for the relay coil? If it's 5V, it probably won't work. That relay (Radio Shack 275-0249) needs 60 mA through the coil and the coil has a resistance of 200 ohms. A 5 volt supply will only produce 25 mA (5V /200 ohms) through the coil. If you use a 12V supply it should work. A 9V battery might also work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back