need help on a switch of some sort

Status
Not open for further replies.
PC88 i knew you were right i was just seeing if there was anything out there other thatn this. however this is the simplist and most practical that i can come up with, okay its the only thing i can come up with. ill go play with one today

Hey PC88 help me out with these Pins so i know where to wrie it up to i have tried a lot of configurations but non that work. I also got to thinking and do i need a DPDT or just a DPST being it is always on then the throw switches it over???

What 8-pin thing are you talking about? A relay?

Every relay has its own pin-out. At the very least you'll have to show me what it looks like.

nice camera hard at work please dont make fun of me cause i couldnt get this going but here isthe relay
**broken link removed**

If you must use an all electronic version you could use a power PNP to light the LEDs:

I did not test this, but I don't think there are any reasons why it wouldn't work... It also is an example of a circuit that I don't really like but it's quick and dirty.

R1=1.5K ohm, 1/4 watt
Q1=any high current low voltage PNP-Darlington like TIP125. You may be able to get away with a non-darlington with 560 ohm, 1/2W resistor and a crappy transistor like a TIP42.

all other components are as you need. May have to tweak some of the values/transistors depending on your load.

I did not draw in the rest of the 555 circuit.

P.S. : Having blue lights on your car can get you ticketed. If you get a ticket for impersonating a cop, don't say I didn't warn you...

Attachments

• multidrv.png
    4 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:
For starters try this:

left COM: Vcc
left NC: supply to RED led array
left NO: unconnected

right COM: Vcc
right NC: unconnected
right NO: supply to BLUE led array

coil unenergized => RED led array is active
coil energized => BLUE led array is active

What voltage are you using for the relay coil? If it's 5V, it probably won't work. That relay (Radio Shack 275-0249) needs 60 mA through the coil and the coil has a resistance of 200 ohms. A 5 volt supply will only produce 25 mA (5V /200 ohms) through the coil. If you use a 12V supply it should work. A 9V battery might also work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…