Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need help making a circuit to sense PWM on 12v auto headlight (DRL)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow Mike thank you! That makes a ton more sense now. Sometimes you just have to hear something thirty different ways before it sinks in. Im glad I found this forum;)

Hello folks, I have no in-depth electrical knowledge. In my 2015 Silverado the DRL's are the low beam headlights dim during the day and brighter at night. There only one power wire that serve's the headlamp that switches between PWM in the day and 12v at night. I would like to move the DRL function to a separate DRL lamp either an add on strip of leds or a newer factory assembly that has a separate DRL. The current functions are controlled by the BCM. Any thoughts on the possibility of doing this? Thanks

In many models that run the drl with lower voltage you can go into your cars settings with a good scan tool and tell it what % you want it to be. In your case you could set it to 100%. Please excuse me if someone has already mentioned this or you have already solved your problem as I did not read past the original post.

Thank you for your speedy response. The control of the DRL function is lock at the factory and cannot be altered or turned off by the dealer. I was hoping there is some type of electronic component that would identify the PWM and send it to a different set of wires allowing the DRL to be separate from the low beam headlamp.

For years, Chrysler and Jeep cars and trucks blinded everybody with high beams at full blast for Daytime Running Lights. Lately Kia and VW copy them and Fiat-Chrysler-Jeep don't doo dat anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back