Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help interpreting LED data sheet

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigfarmerdave

I am trying to make sense of a specific Osram LED data sheet. It is part number LCW L28G. When I searched LCW L28G, it actually came up with part number LCW L28G-R1S2-4F6G-1. Is this what they call the bin number? Here are a few more things that I'm trying to make sense of.....
1) Does the R1S2 mean that this specific LED is selectable amongst the brightness groups R1, R2, S1, S2 or does it mean that the brightness is guaranteed to fall into one of those brightness categories?
2) Also, there is the chromaticity coordinate group that I am also trying to understand. Does the data sheet imply that all chromatic coordinates listed between 4F and 6G are available or does it mean that if you ordered this specific part, the chromatic coordinates are simply gauranteed to fall into one of the groups 4F, 4G, 5F, 5G, 6F, or 6G?
3) What exactly does the X and Y represent when referring to the chromaticity coordinate grouping of an LED? Is X the hue and Y the Saturation? Is this system only used when specifying white LEDs?

well the x and y numbers are color coodinates that you can look up on the graph and I would guess that the "R1S2-4F6G" are bin ranges since they encompass all the bins that is basically saying you have an unbinned part.

Most backlights would specify a single bin pair used in a panel for uniformity of intensity and color.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back