Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can anyone identify this LED driver? I can't find the connections.

bigal_scorpio

I need help with the name or model of thes unit or anyone who knows the connections for it, I have a few of them that came from a re use centre locally. They have an RJ45 8 way socket and a six way dupont connector strip at the output side with what seems like random dc voltagesaround 18 to 22v dc. The input live side is L, N and LSW. I can only assume that this is switched live as the driver is dimmable?
a.jpg
b.jpg
c.jpg

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks, Alan

Unfortunately, I'm unable to zoom in to see print on any these photos, too grainy.
If I'm having trouble seeing a close up, others are too. This may be why others cannot provide help.

Sorry about the photos. I'm rubbish with the camera. I'll get the Missus on the job, she is a real pro with the shutter. Al

Hi to all, I got the wife to take some better pictures. Hope they are enough to identify, I know they're better than mine :)

Attachments

• out1.jpg
    out1.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 59
  • in4.jpg
    in4.jpg
    256.7 KB · Views: 57
  • in3.jpg
    in3.jpg
    304.4 KB · Views: 53
  • in2.jpg
    in2.jpg
    305.4 KB · Views: 54
  • in1.jpg
    in1.jpg
    256.7 KB · Views: 60
Obsolete ? surplus ?
1708643094538.png

You must call or email Itron tech support.

I recall Itron name in Seattle, as my former employer Iris Systems , an R&D automated meter reading AMR company sold all their patents , Design Specs, software , hardware and inventory after 7 yrs of R&D with deep pocket investors, who gave up waiting. Itron is only interested in selling new products, so good luck. Figure out a way to get what you need.

Plug in cordset or pigtails. Jumper switch.
Measure DC between +V, 0V on X2, X1
Measure and record Vdc pins on white header with respect to 0V on X1.
I expect paired DC pins with dedicated 0V returns but might need to be remote controlled to turn on.

Last edited:
Hi Tony, Thanks for the info. I did a bit of testing and got unusual results, well unusual to me anyway.
Across the 0v and +v holes at the side there seems to be a voltage of 18v though this voltage seems to be just after the switching stage and bypasses most of the low voltage side. The pins of the header are strangely varying from about +23 to + 17, with the rj45 following suit. All this is being done without the LSW pin being unconnected so I don't actually know its function. I thought maybe for dimming from a suitable leading edge AC dimmer?
I have dropped them a line at Itran but from your words I guess I dhouldn't hold my breath.

Background of the dimmers, I got a box of 30 or so at a local recycle centre brand new for 25p UK about 40 US cents. I thought that the hi quality caps and other discretes would make my purchase worthwhile. Any more thoughts please let me know. Thanks, Al

OK next I would measure differential pin 1-2, 3-4 and see if that is more consistent . Then apply ~2k2 load and measure drop then two in parallel 1k1 and report change. If 18V then 147 mW

I once went to a scrap metal yard and found a box of ambulance/fire truck LEDs on alum. PCB's in a 28V strips about $1k worth of LEDs based on scrap Alum fee. for $20.. Most of them worked =but all came from a board shop for ATE rejects.

Last edited:
Thanks again Tony, I will make some time and test them asap (grandad duties looking after young uns) :)
And like you I do love a good treasure find, well treasure to us eh! Al

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back