Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help in digital clock (hour, minute, and second) circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi..people i almost gor the full digital clock,..but i have one problem in hour part.i cant solve it.................,my prolem is to convert 12 hour to 1,instead of to go back in 0..i use this kind os I.C,74192,555,7447.

then if u dont mind give us ur diagram
i just strated in this project

Hey, I have a school project for building a digital clock, and i have been using this thread as a reference. I was originally going to use 74161 counters, using their ENT and ENP leads to make them count to "59" correctly. After reading this, though, decade counters seem easier. My question is, can i use a 1Hz crystal oscillator circuit instead of the LM555? I have spent a few weeks in class building the oscillator using a 4060 chip and a 161 to limit the frequency to 1 Hz. Also, could someone post the full schematic? =(
I am using Electronics Workbench to plan out the schematic, but my school only has the 1996 version, and it seems a bit outdated. The seven segment displays on EW are hard to understand (for me anyway) and i am having trouble replicating this circuit. Any help will be appreciated! Thanks!

i also already finshed my digital clock project except pulse generator and Temporarily use ic 555 i asked my prof, he tell me the output pulse of 555 my be shanged more than or less 1 hz coz of rising temp of the ic , crystal oscillator is sutable but the problem in dividing the frequancy , also dividing the AC voltage of frequang 60 HZ not good idea
**broken link removed**

Ending finally!

Hi i was helping a junior of mine on the same subject and i stumbled upon this great PDF. Its uses 6 counter IC's(7490) and is very nice if you see how it works and all.It shows the versatality of 7490 for use a multi mod counter.

Attachments

• digitalclk.pdf
    395.1 KB · Views: 5,158
Last edited:
Need to finish project

Hello everyone. I'm new here and looking for a real help. I know that it's kinda freak me out to ask people for a diagram but time is running out for me. I have to turn in my project on 5/13/09. I've been sitting around to draw a diagram to make it works but, unfortunately got no luck. Now asking for dj_ash1983 to post a diagram. So, i can have it put together in 2 days. I would either turn in project or get 00 points. So, please help by post a diagram here or send it to <snip>. Any help or suggestion would be really appreciated because i'm out of thinking. Thanks in advance guys.:(

Last edited by a moderator:
Help

You can make minute hand as the same way what you have done for the second hand.To make twelve hour digital clock is very difficult task since after twelve we have to set it to 01.

You can make minute hand as the same way what you have done for the second hand.To make twelve hour digital clock is very difficult task since after twelve we have to set it to 01.
Are you answering the 2006, 2008, or 2009 part of the thread?

Hi everybody! I'm doing the same project, I was reading the pdf file you attached about the digital clock, so I understand that second and minute part look the same, and when the the ten digit become 6 I have to reset the whole thing which I think they already did, and connect the output of the second part to the clock of the minute part, here is my question what is this output, what pin number of the second part has to be connected the the minute part? please give me the exact pin number, I'm getting a little bit confused! Thanks

I'm currently making a 12 hours clock..can you give me an advice as to how to make it 12 hours..I'm really having a hard time with it..I'm done with minutes and seconds..pls do help me..

Hours,mins and second project nedd help!!

Can anyone show me a schematic of a 24 hour clock that counts hours,mins and secs using 74hct161 chips thanks

please i nid the same data as asamaster on digital clock display circuit my email is <snip>

please i want a full schematic diagram of a 24-hour digital clock circuit using 7490 as main ic or any ic , i really need it badly....my email is
<snip> thanks

We are already finished making d clock. But the problem is how to design the hours so that after reaching 11:59, it will go back to 01 instead of 00. Anyone can help?

Please!!! I want a full schematic diagram of a 24-hour digital clock circuit, and it's about used only pulse generator (analog circuit using LM555), decade counters (74LS90), BCD decoders (74LS47), AND Gate ICs (74LS08), and 7-segment LEDs.

may i ask you,what is the value of the capacitor and resistor??i really appreciate your reply as soon as possible.thanks.

Hey guys, it's been a long time since my last post here. :D

Seems like our li'l school project (which I passed with flying colors) took a bit of attention from some people here. How nice, hehehe :D

As for the schematic diagram, you may refer to the on1aag's attached pic (the 2nd pic). There's no more detailed that that anyway. And as for the "full" schematic diagram of the clock itself, the only part missing on on1aag's diagram is the clock pulse trigger diagram using LM555. Refer to my very diagram on my very first post.

If you guys REEEEEEEEEEEEALLY need a nice and neat schematic diagram, I can make one and post it here, but you guys have to wait since I have to find the circuitmaker pro from my backup cds first so I can verify it if it's working or not.
hey man can you give me a schematic diagram pls.i need help in my project,digital alarm clock,with ic 7447 and 7493 if im not mistaken 7493 and 7490 is the same?

Actually, it is nearer nine years old.

As most of the recent posts seem to be of the form "Give me the schematic", it is probably time to close the thread.

JimB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back