Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need help identifying a transistor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmike

so ive been able to identify and replace most parts, now im down to the last 2, im having a hard time identifying them, they both have the letters be and re on them 3 pins on the left and 1 on the right, they are also surface mount, heres a pic pointing at a good one and then the 2 bad ones, so i need to know what type of transistor and function

**broken link removed**

There are no useable markings on those, you can guess all you want without a schematic that's about all you can do.

there are a number of sites on the www that have listings of SMD codes here is 1
SMD Codebook Intro they may or may not have the ID code you are after
the BE is most likely the device code, the RE is most likely the date of manufacture code

cheers
Dave

thanks sceadwian, and doug for the reply, i had tried getting a schematic befor i posted, after a few days of no answer from the company who built the amp, and what seemed to be a never ending google search, well it lead me here, thanks again.

Wish we could be more help bmike, many threads in here end like this though, without an empirical method of measuring the dead component (obviously not gonna happen) it's impossible to suggest a replacement, you COULD try using general purpose transistors that meet the same form factor and pray that they're within tollerance for the circuit to work, but that's a real shot in the dark. If you could analyze the circuit yourself and determine what these transistors were doing you might be able to better guess on an appropriate replacement. Honestly unless this thing is worth thousands of dollars cut your losses now, unless you're in for the learning experience (which means a high chance of failure)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back