Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help for simple 7 LED light up sequence

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilykat

I'm trying to build a replica of Stargate out of LEGO (**broken link removed**)and I wanted to use RCX brick to drive it. One output will be used to control motor for driving the inner ring, and I was thinking of using other output(s) to pulse the LED sequence circuit.

The RCX brick will be programmed to run at random waiting for x minutes doing nothing, then drive motor for a few seconds (random interval, random direction), pause, pulse output to LED circuit. Then run motor, repeat until all 7 LED are lit. Wait about a minute then reset to clear all 7 LEDs.

I think the easiest way would be 2 output. One to pulse LED sequence for 1 LED, 2 LEDs, etc to 7. And second output to reset, turn off all LED. I have the old RCX brick which is likely a lot easier for simple project. I checked in NXT, there's more control for output, more complex for newbie, and it seems more complex but I wouldn't need to dig up the relic laptop with serial port and running Windows 98 to run relic software to program RCX brick. i do not have NXT brick atm and I'd rather not invest in NXT and support components if RCX will work.

How do I build such circuit like this? The system all runs on 9V so the IC will likely be CMOS. (bonus, if you're an expert on RCX brick and custom uses)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back