Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help choosing a servo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birddseedd

I need a servo where i can turn off the motor so i can turn the servo manually and still get input from the built in potentiometer so i know where i turned it to.

Thanks

I looked for something similar many years ago. There maybe digital servos that can do this. Unfortunately the open servo project died or that could have been modified to do what you want.

Mike.

I looked for something similar many years ago. There maybe digital servos that can do this. Unfortunately the open servo project died or that could have been modified to do what you want.

Mike.
I see. Sounds like i may be stuck putting a potentiometer on the shaft. If thats how it works

Normal (not digital) servos have no way of sending information back to the controller. Can you have two identical rigs, one with servos and one with servos without motors. Move one and the other should follow. The empty servos will need matching to the coresponding servos but it should be doable.

Mike.

Normal (not digital) servos have no way of sending information back to the controller. Can you have two identical rigs, one with servos and one with servos without motors. Move one and the other should follow. The empty servos will need matching to the coresponding servos but it should be doable.

Mike.
Well. What i would do is just use a potentiometer that i can add to the shaft of the servo. I had actually just started looking for one.

You will still need to calibrate each servos pulse width to the potentiometers reading.

Mike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back