Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need Help Building a Timer Switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackMolly

Hi everyone, I am new to this forum and am in need of help for a basic project that I have to work on. I will also add that my knowledge of electronics and circuits is relatively low, so please keep that in mind when you are suggesting a solution:

So basically, I need to design a switch that will turn on a light for 18 hours of the day and be turned off for the remaining 6 hours. And the switch will have to do this automatically and indefinately. But also, I would like the timing to be easily adjustable so that if the user would like to change the timing to 12 hours on and 12 hours off it would be easy to do so.

An original idea I had was to integrate an alarm clock to do this, which would provide an easy to understand interface for the user to change the times accordingly. Basically the clock that i have is capabable of being set to ring at two different times, but I do not know how to connect the circuit so that the circuit will turn on during the first alarm and stay on until the second alarm and turn on again during the first alarm the next day, and so on....

But again any suggestions will be greatly appreciated, and thank you very much for your time!

Hey, thanks for the suggestion, but I can't exactly hand in a premade product to my teacher and expect to get a good mark for it.

What kind of tools do you have at your disposal?

Hey Sceadwian,

Other than the standard tools like screwdrivers and such, I have a soldering pen, a drill, and that's about it. Is there anything you can suggest?

Last edited:
I ment as far as electronics components go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back