Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need Help Building A RC Lawn Mower Using Basic Stamp

Status
Not open for further replies.
The lawnbot400 has a lot of potential. I would follow the example that they set on that website. The smart thing to do is to protect your high power devices with a fan to help dissipate heat. That's what I did in my power supply circuit.

The other thing they did in their design which was really cleaver, was they used a worm gear to drive the wheels. That way they could have a motor with a really low current rating and not over whelm it with torque. That is what I would suggest you do with your design.

Yeah I was thinking that would be the best way to go too since that guys H-Bridge circuit seems to be powering his RC lawn mower quite well.

Question though, as I've been trying to figure out if I'd have to build 2 of those boards or just 1, and here is the Board layout: **broken link removed**

On his site he states it cost about $60.00 per board, but I've been trying to see if it can only power 1 motor or 2 before I make a decision on which board to create.

In the link you posted, it looks like the board can drive 2 different motors. He said it costs $60 if you order the board, or you could try making one from scratch.

In the link you posted, it looks like the board can drive 2 different motors. He said it costs $60 if you order the board, or you could try making one from scratch.

Nah the board with all the components cost around $169 from the actual website which you can find here: Robot Power On-line Catalog

But yeah it does look like it can power two motors, but I'll just contact them to be sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back