Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need help about thermal pipe detector

Status
Not open for further replies.

alitex

hi all
is there sensor for detect thermal pipe,
i mean thermal pipe conductivity of the water system of procedure are positioned inside the walls
thank u in advance...

Hello.

I'm sorry, but your request is very unclear.

By thermal pipe, are you looking for a temperature sensor?
By thermal pipe conductivity, are you referring to the electrical conductivity of the fluid, or the flow (conduction) of the water through the pipe, i.e. flow sensor?

"of procedure inside the walls"
That part is harder to make sense of. If you can indulge me by clarifying your request...I may be able to help you with a differential pressure set-up if fluid flow is your interest. And thermocouples are good sensors for temperature.

I think he means a hot water pipe to detect inside a wall.

Not sure though.

Boncuk

ok, so you need a detector to find a water pipe in the wall.

You used the word thermal. Is this hot or cold water?
Is the pipe inside the wall metal or PVC?

If it is metal pipes, I suggest a metal detector circuit, though electrical wiring and such might give readings too.

I guess best bet would be using some kind of stethoscope like an electret microphone encapsuled not to receive any environmental noise, but only the rushing sound of water in the pipe.

Open any faucet and you'll be able to hear the water flowing.

Use a two stage AF-amplifier for maximum sensitivity.

I used that method to find out worn out (or poorly lubricated) ball bearings in big machines.

Boncuk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back