Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need Guidance - Repairing Visio Model SV370XVT Flat Panel TV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings To All !
I am brand new to this forum and this is my first post. I have been struggling to find a resolution to an apparent common problem I am experiancing with a Visio Model SV370XVT flat panel TV. When the set is first powered on the display has a very narrow blue bar across the top of the display and the rest of the display has a grayish hue with some faint vertical lines appearing in the center of the display. As the set warms up, the display gradually becomes 'normal' with an excellent display. While attempting to troubleshoot the issue, I discovered that when spraying the IC on the TCON board with electronics freeze spray the image cleared up and display was correct immediately which lead me to believe (wrongly) that it was a bad TCON board. I purchased a brand new replacement TCON and it did not rectify the issue. From what I have been reading, this is a very common issue with this particular model set.
I have checked all of the electrolytic capacitors on the power supply board and everything appears to be ok there. This issue has me baffled. If anyone knows of a solution or make any recommendations for isolating this problem I would appreciate it very much to hear from you ! Thank you in advance for any suggestions or recommendations ! I am attempting to upload an image of what the display looks like before the set warms up.
I'd like to note, I have been repairing electronics for over 40 years, so this isn't my first rodeo, as 'they' say..

Thank you, Mark..
Display Issue-1.jpg

This image could have been uploaded me as the symptom is exactly the same. Power supply replaced. Though a good image appeared faster it is still not fixed. Any feeling if replacing the main video board will resolve the issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back