Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need circuit broken upon release of a momentary switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dville_gt

What I need:
I basically need a way to create a circuit via a toggle switch or momentary switch (doesn't matter), but then break it upon releasing a normally open momentary switch. I don't mind having to reset it each time if it would make it easier to create using normally available Bosch relays.

Problem: Bought a new 2-step from MSD, one "feature" incorporated into this unit is that it won't activate the 2-step limiter unless the RPM's are 1/3rd lower then the set point.

I.E. 4000 RPM set point requires the engine RPM's be lower then 2700rpm when it is activated.

This is a problem for any turbo car that is going to attempt to build boost as it stages since RPM's will most definitely be higher then the acceptable activation RPM as the car approach's the beams.

I use the transbrake button to activate the 2step so as I get staged (with the rpm's up via footbraking it), I can then hit the t-brake (and thus the 2step), hammer the gas and wait for the lights to drop.

This will no longer work since my rpms > the acceptable threshold. So I need to activate it before I start to stage and have it "deactivate" upon releasing the transbrake (momentary) switch. The MSD box can accept either a +12 or - input for activation and my transbrake (momentary switch) is closing the negative side of the trans brake circuit.

Last edited:
Why does it have to deactivate upon release of the transbrake n.o. switch. Why can't it release as you press that N.O. switch to ground?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back