Need advice on powering LED and can't say what it is because of patent pending

Status
Not open for further replies.

limited816

First off I am here because my experience in electronics is limited at best.

I am developing a prototype which will use a small 5mm LED and need advice on how to set it up. It will need to be motion activated, and somewhere between 10mA - 25mA (best I can gather after doing some research online) so that the light will only remain on for a 60 second period of time then turn off. And I have heard a resistor might be needed, and perhaps a charge pump? I'm really only vaguely familiar with these parts so would appreciate any advice on if this makes sense.

And I do not yet have a source for any other the parts other than the LED at present. This may end up as a product I could consider selling but I just want to see if I can make it work. Oh and it has to be quite small. Can I guess at no more than 3/4"-1", diameter? I don't know the size of anything other than the LED lights

For the following which I found on Amazon. See link at the bottom:

• 5 mm LED lamp assorted kit: contains 100 LEDs of 10 colors (yellow, orange, emerald green, blue, white, red, green, warm white, purple and colorful flash)
  • Head type: water drop shape round and clear heads; Forward voltage: R/ Y/ G/ O 1.8-2.0 V; B/ W/ WW/ E/ P 3.0-3.2 V; C 3.0-3.4 V; Max. Current: 20 mA

Don't know if this will be of any help to me but I did find this tool: https://ledcalculator.net/#p=3&v=1.8&c=10&n=1&o=w

There are two separate risks:
  1. The patent is rejected and never issued because of "prior art".
  2. The patent is issued and subsequently adjudicated to be invalid after a long and protracted legal battle.
Either one of these circumstances may be devastating to your financial security.

The solution is to build a few and sell a few then quickly exit the market when the copycats show up; then move on to the next "new new" thing. Very few people ever get rich from a single idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…