Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need a way to connect multiple UARTs to a single PIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kushan101

Hi,

I need to connect 5 UART peripherals to a PIC.
What are the best options I have to connect these 5 to a single UART interface in the PIC ? I need to be able to enable interrupts to listen data receiving events from each one.

Regards

-KUSHAN-

Hi,

I need to connect 5 UART peripherals to a PIC.
What are the best options I have to connect these 5 to a single UART interface in the PIC ? I need to be able to enable interrupts to listen data receiving events from each one.

Regards

-KUSHAN-

hi,
Is the PIC just going to receive RXD, no transmission.?
Also is the baud rate of all the 5 remote UART's the same.?
Will there be more than one remote UART be transmitting at the same time.?

Which PIC do you have.?:)

hi,

both receiving and transmitting....
BDRate will be different.
Its better if more than one UART could transmit at the same time.. like using a buffer for each UART. but right now its just enough if I could transmit trough one UART at a time.
what i'm looking is i need to be able to connect multiple UARTS and use those as what I can do with SPI interface ( select the device using CS and transmit or receive).

Do you know a chip for this ?

Yet I didn't decide the micro controller. also I need a help with choosing the PIC.
It need to have more program memory as i'm gonna implement a MESH network controller there.
Still I can't imagine how much lines of codes will be there. so choosing a PIC with more program memory will be better. bcoz later I can't change the PIC.

:)

regards,

-KUSHAN-

hi,
The TXD and RXD at the same time is difficult for upto 5 channels and at different Baud rates.

IF the PIC transmitted or received one remote at a time, one possible way would be to use PORTB of the PIC and write a software routine for each channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back