Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need a tester please

Status
Not open for further replies.

AtomSoft

Hey all im making a Image conversion app in C# and so far i have the code to open image and gather all pixel data and spit it into a text file. I havent made the conversion part yet but i would like it to be tested on other PCs just to test the speed of it so far. The conversion will add to time but so far this process just seems too fast. heh

The max image size for now is 128x160 anything larger and it will popup a message box warning you and not load the image.

But if you select a image that size or smaller it will open it and gather all pixel data and throw it into a txt file with the same name and directory as original image.

So can someone please test it and comment to me on the speed?

To load a image simply double click the white window.

Attachments

• BETA_H018IN01.zip
    4.8 KB · Views: 221
Thanks and heh re read the last sentence in my first post:

"To load a image simply double click the white window. "

Last edited:
heh thanks! Im waiting for the LCDs in the mail to test them. I just finished making a Digital type "Etch A Sketch" it uses 1 Rotary Encoder w/built in push button and a UART to USB connect and a C# program to draw. Ill make a video in the morning. Its pretty cool!

Ill make sure i post a link to it tomorrow since ill add it to my site and then make a thread here for comments.

Thanks for testing this. when its done ill throw the source out to the public as usual. Also i will share the schematic and code used on PIC/ARM to control LCD.

By the way this is the LCD. There small but cute and looks promissing and cheap!!!
**broken link removed**

Attachments

• AAesp03.gif
    AAesp03.gif
    10.9 KB · Views: 257
No problem. I figure heh 3.5 is the normal for most by now. (hopefully) 4.0 has no difference that my program will notice heh...

So did it run fast for you too? and did it create the txt file?

Hi Atom I'm wondering your C# application.

Have you ever tried to load a selected font from a windows application (ex: MS Word) & process their bit arrangement & send to a text file or to a micro controller like most Chinese outdoor LED panels software does.

Last edited:
i never tried it but im sure i can do it. I can write the text to the picturebox and then capture the pixels to convert the font to a array like a 5x7 or 8x8 font type. Thanks for the idea. Ill give it a try later on. Of course ill post the code and info when done.

To be honest i have never tried to do this but it seems like something nice to learn to add to my brain heh. It would be nice to be able to use any font and convert it for project ARM,PIC,AVR use

Hey guys can someone test this out. Still seems way too fast. It now collects all pixels and converts them to 16bit RGB 565 for LCD use aka 2 bytes per pixel . 5 Red,6 Green, 5 Blue. And saves it to a text file. Not in a format yet just nice and organized to see. Ill also upload a small pattern of RGB and White and black for those who want to ensure the conversion is happening its simple. Red should give you 0b11111-000000-00000 aka 63488. Remember im upload a JPEG i think a BMP has better quality heh...

Forgot to post that since most LCD work from Left to Right then next line so does this code. it converts from Left to Right starting at top until bottom aka

pos-jpg.47354

Attachments

• BETA2_H018IN01.zip
    4.9 KB · Views: 201
  • colors.jpg
    colors.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 279
  • pos.jpg
    pos.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 385
Last edited:
Ok guys this is a final beta test release. It should convert a image to 8 bit or 16 bit (both are 16bit) The 8 bit is split into 2 bytes for 8 bit parallel interface and the 16bit is left intact for a 16bit interface.

Also the whole thing looks a bit different. Hope you like and please comment A LOT! heh :D

Attachments

• BETA3_H018IN01.zip
    6 KB · Views: 191
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back