Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need a cool project idea for my PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

lenysik

i need to use my pc somehow.....like, do wireless network, imply some electronics to it, building an application, a website (that have to actually be used for something)...something like that. but those are very broad topics. if someone has any ideas what i can do, please reply....
thanks!!!!

Have you seen those Lego RCXs?

It has 3 outputs and inputs.
You have toch ,temeratture,light rotation... sensors to conect to inputs.
And on the outputs are the motors.

You can programe it whit a PC!

Why not make somting simaler?

Tip:
Use the printer port!
You have on LPT:
- 5 Inputs
- 11 outputs (8 data,3 control)

You just need a simple API comad to control it!

VB program for controlling a car from pc

i actually talked with a couple of my friends about projects.....and i got very interested in this remote contrlled car thing. the idea is create a program in Visual Basic, to control the car from my pc. but my question is....when i build my computer....what is needed for it to perform the tast of controlling a car.

If it were me... I'd just have 4 motors on each wheel to not have to mess with gears. :) I have waaaay more that I can help you with, but I don't have the time right now. Let me know if you want my help. :wink:

yaaa!!!.....i would love your help.. thank you!!! because i'm stuck, since i'm new...and not sure how to start...

:D Alright then. I'm glad to help. Buuuut... I need to know something. How do you want the turning to work? The easiest way is to have it turn in place rather then continue moving forward while turning. So, if I know that, then I'll be able to help you more in-depth. But for now, I can tell you that if you go to http://www.rentron.com/ and check out their Ming transmitters and receivers, that will get you started on the wireless part of it. Now, as for the parallel port part of it. You have up to, I do believe, 8 outputs. And depending on how you want to control your RC, should be good. Now please tell me everything you know about how you want this thing to work, and I will be able to help you more. :wink:

ok...so here's how i want it .. :)
it sounds fine if it's going to turn in place
the basic idea of this project is to run it using a VB program. so everything has to be wireless (i don't remember if i said that i want to have a video camera on the r/c car with speakers)
when you said that there has to be 8 parallel outputs, do they have to be coming out from my pc or the car?
well...i'll be building my own pc anyway..and i also want to know what it needs in order to use my project with it
thank you again.... :wink:

Ok then. Good. :) Now, I must warn you, I know nothing about programming. (Well, I know very very little.) But I think it's quite simple to send signals out to parallel ports. And you can have up to 8 outputs on your port. Which works well, because the Ming RF chips have 8 in/outputs. :lol: First, you should read up on the Ming RF transmitters, receivers, encoders and decoders. Also, look at the part on this page: https://www.qsl.net/yo5ofh/hobby circuits/computer_circuits.htm that says: “Parallel Port Relay Interface.” Then you will be able to attach the outputs from the relays to the inputs on the Ming encoder. Now so far, you should have the entire encoder part figured out. Now, as for the decoder, a bunch of relays and stuff will be needed, so I will draw up some schematics to go from the 8 relay outputs on the decoder part of the RF circuit. (If you want me to that is.) You know, if it gets a signal from output 1, it will turn left, ect. So I'll get to work on that as soon as I can ok? I really hope you understood all of that, I tried to explain it as well as possible. :wink:

I think that will be sipler to tace a part some RC Cars Remote and Isted of buttnos conect transistors to control them with the parallel port.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back