Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need a charger

Status
Not open for further replies.

sleyk

Hi all,

I've got a UPS which i power from a 62AH car battery, the problem is that the UPS charger only supplies 0.2amps of current to charge (doesn't overheat). so i need a car battery charger. i would actually love to build one, so anyone who has the circuit diagram for one which uses a switching mode power supply and transisitors, that can suppy up to 4amps or more should please hook me up with it, i will appreciate it. thanks in advance.

Just a thought but many of the LCD computer monitors use a SMPS that puts out 14 - 20 volts at typically around 4 - 6 amps depending on the screen size.
The voltage control circuitry is easy to hack and change for making a very efficient battery charger and maintainer.
They go for less than $20 used on line too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back