Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Nec ir

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you looked at this
**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

When transmitting or receiving remote control codes using the NEC IR transmission protocol, the WB_IRRC performs optimally when the carrier frequency (used for modulation/demodulation) is set to 38.222kHz.

The NEC IR transmission protocol uses pulse distance encoding of the message bits. Each pulse burst (mark – RC transmitter ON) is 562.5µs in length, at a carrier frequency of 38kHz (26.3µs). Logical bits are transmitted as follows:

Logical '0' – a 562.5µs pulse burst followed by a 562.5µs space, with a total transmit time of 1.125ms

Logical '1' – a 562.5µs pulse burst followed by a 1.6875ms space, with a total transmit time of 2.25ms

Last edited:
I had all that right... this was omited:

(discounting the final 562.5µs pulse burst that signifies the end of message).

Not sure why they dont count this if its so important

Thanks for the link :)

They also have RC5... cool... **broken link removed**

Last edited:
Here is a picture of the prototype remote:
rem-jpg.54045

Attachments

• rem.jpg
    rem.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 257
Please, can anyone explain to me how is interpreted 10 bit value of adc in this application ? And how is key press decision repeatable comparing a single value, not an interval.

Please, can anyone explain to me how is interpreted 10 bit value of adc in this application ? And how is key press decision repeatable comparing a single value, not an interval.

Your not you could send out the numbers and then read them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back