Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

NC to G-Code & Visual Studio error File Format Converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

3v0

Coop Build Coordinator
Forum Supporter
I found these on Hans Wedemeyer's website.
http://hans-w.com

Hans has a program to Convert Excellon NC drill file to G-Code.
This program is setup to drill etched boards.

Drilling after etching means the board has to be aligned on the mill, and I decided the easiest way is to clamp the board in place, jog to the known 0,0 datum and set the program to 0,0. Then I jog to a "pad" on the etched board for which I have a coordinate, and read off of the program the actual X,Y for that pad. These two sets of X,Y coordinates are entered into the EtoG program and a rotation is applied to all X,Y coordinates in the G-Code file.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
There is not a great CCS following here but it should not be a big deal to come up with a similar converter for other compilers. Write a few lines of code to convert the error listing to look similar to what VS expects.

Hans Wedemeyer's has a small program on his website that reads a CCS error file and imports it into the VS output window. This allows one to click on an error to locate the error within the text.

Once setup it works like this.
Compile in MPLAB
Switch to VS C++
Select Tools>ErrorConverter //if you named the installed tool ErrorConverter
Select an error in the output window to find the error within the file

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back