Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Name this component!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the prize goes to Zevon8 this time.

It is a mains power connector as used on Royal Navy ships and submarines.
The thing does lock into place and is sealed by an O-ring to make a waterproof connection. For those who are into such things it would probably be rated IP66.

If I remember correctly, the switch on the socket locks the plug into place when the power is turned on.

The stainless steel tab on the right hand side of the picture is for pulling the plug out of the socket.

JimB

a tuning capacitor out of a cheap azz transistor radio from the country who's leader is this laundry boy:

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
What's are these little gems?

Attachments

• component.jpg
    component.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 165
A pat on the back to RonH --- 5v reed relays

I would bet RonH has that one. I have used that round one many times.. And the other was a vari-cap?

Ok, what are these?
A part number nets you extra points :D

Attachments

• PICT1513.JPG
    PICT1513.JPG
    75.8 KB · Views: 167
Thay could be any two leaded device, resistors, capacitors, diodes, gunn diodes, zenners, tunnel diodes, constant current sources, diacs, thermistors etc.

My guess is they are gas discharge tubes used for voltage suppression.

Not to hijack, just adding another,

Here's my effort, from the one JimB posted earlier. Funnily enough, the plug is almost identical to the ones we used on mining battery packs and chargers for explosive atmospheres. Spring loaded terminals in sockets, circumference contacts for the high impedance intrinsically safe sensing that determines when to apply power after connecting.

Attachments

• whatami.jpg
    whatami.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 166
hjames, in one. Thermal print head. I need to rummage around the boxes at the back of the closet, LOL. Somebody have a go while I dig about........

"Funnily" .... must be a regional dialect thing!:rolleyes: Time to change the thread title to "Name the Slang".

This should be easy!

Attachments

• item.jpg
    item.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 161
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back