Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Mystery ULN2003APG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teufelwolf

I ordered some ULN2003APG that where supposed to have been made my Toshiba, but instead I got some parts with a logo I have never seen. I googled like mad, searched logo databases and came up blank, anyone know what company these are from?

The logo looks like a 7*L - see attached.

Attachments

• IMG_1922.JPG
    IMG_1922.JPG
    196.8 KB · Views: 366
Your distributor should do this. Is there a good reason for being concerned?

It's probably ZZ with the star being the part of the logo for the People's Republic of China flag.

so there.

Last edited:
That is a dead end. They are on my DO NOT USE list.
They work like a ULN2003APG should, I tested a few using a 4W LED.

Then you need to use trusted Distributors, with traceability.

Maybe Zorro teamed with 7 Up :wideyed: or close to. :p

Do you want to re-qualify the parts? There are companies that will certify the performance.
At least they do not have a fake logo.

**broken link removed**

I spent a year working for an Electronics Broker from Long Island, so I have a lot of experience/ opinions. As a former Test Engineer and TE Mgr, the key to testing is HALT/HASS, not just benign go/nogo tests, for reliability margin testing; But this is not widely practised.

Here is the Datasheet

Attachments

• ULN2003A.pdf
    62.8 KB · Views: 311
  • uln2001_2002_2003_2004.pdf
    64.4 KB · Views: 266
  • ULN2003.gif
    ULN2003.gif
    4 KB · Views: 287
at:

These are very common relay drivers. They basically don;t need power because they are basically Darlington transistors when you remove the internal diodes.

Common is somewhat of a misnomer, but it's really +V or the common point of a relay that is connected to ground by the ULN2003 to turn them on. So, the device contains the internal coil suppression diodes. They can be left unconnected when driving things such as LEDs.

They are also useful because with an input in High Z, the relay is off, A low it is off and a high it is on. So when a micro powers up as an input, the relays are off.

Common is somewhat of a misnomer, but it's really +V .
It threw me the first time I saw it as I use common for power common (-ve) instead of Ground because in NA GND is also Earth.!
But the data sheet full description is Common connection for reverse diodes.;)
Max.

Common Cathode in this case

Well the who and what for of these no longer matters as I found a buyer on ebay to take them off my hands for $8.00

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back