Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Mysterious sounds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I do also suffer from Tinnitus, sometimes more and sometimes less.

When I started to hear it louder and louder I found out that I was getting deaf and so one day I went to an Audiometrist and found out that I needed hearing aids and well I ordered some and since I am wearing those the Tinnitus has not disappeared but it has gone quite far into the background.

I use now hearing aids since more then 12 years and my ife has changed.

Well sometimes it is quite good not to hear everything or somebody ... :p

We had a couple of years of hell after that, living in temporary accomodation and sorting out the insurance. But I never heard the rumble again.
Quite an experience.
I assume that it is quiet now in your refurbished house because you managed to knock down the pumping station with the gas explosion. Well done.

Quite an experience.

Yes, it is funny how life goes. My wife had cancer 18 months before and she went through all the worries and the the horrific chemo and radio therapy- lost her hair an all. She finally recoverd and got back to herself again. Then for about 6 months everything we touched turned to gold. Then wham!

I had been doing up the house over a period of 10 years too- fairly major stuff: new roof, extended and so on, so damage to the house extra cheezed me off, but the worst was the garage which had all my tools and electronic stuff in it. The explosion had made the house unsafe and there was a danger it would slide over into the next door house, so they drove a massive hi-Mac over the garage in order to get round the back. That was the end of all my stuff. The hi-Mac drove over the garage as though it was made of cheese. A couple of months later I recovered my scope- it was only a few inches high.

I assume that it is quiet now in your refurbished house because you managed to knock down the pumping station with the gas explosion. Well done.

:p:p Hadn't thought of that.

31BDA_explosion_ 538_mod1_1k_pix.jpg

Last edited:
Hi,

I do also suffer from Tinnitus, sometimes more and sometimes less.

When I started to hear it louder and louder I found out that I was getting deaf and so one day I went to an Audiometrist and found out that I needed hearing aids and well I ordered some and since I am wearing those the Tinnitus has not disappeared but it has gone quite far into the background.

I use now hearing aids since more then 12 years and my ife has changed.

Hello rsfoto,

Glad that your problem has been mostly fixed. Humans, especially men, are very bad at diagnosing medical problems themselves- imagination plays too much part. Men are also reluctant to see a doctor, whereas women would live in the doctors surgery, given the chance. I knew an old boy who was suffering with some kind of boil at the back of his head- had it for years. Would he go to the doctor- no!.

In the end it got so bad he had to go. The doctor took one look at the growth, whipped out a scalpul and cut it out there and then. A month later the patient had forgotten all about his problem.

Well sometimes it is quite good not to hear everything or somebody ... :p

:hilarious:

Last edited:
Humans, especially men, are very bad at diagnosing medical problems themselves- imagination plays too much part. Men are also reluctant to see a doctor, whereas women would live in the doctors surgery, given the chance.
You had more than your share of excitement in life. Maybe the owner of the pumping station paid the hi-mac to destroy your garage as a revenge.

Man don't go to doctors because they know how their boss and colleagues often lie to customers, and they are right in assuming that doctors are the same. Besides, there is nothing wrong with DIY medical treatment.

You had more than your share of excitement in life. Maybe the owner of the pumping station paid the hi-mac to destroy your garage as a revenge.

:D What I have told is not all that has happend to me!

Man don't go to doctors because they know how their boss and colleagues often lie to customers,
and they are right in assuming that doctors are the same.

That is a difficult one. In the main, my experience is that there are some incompitent doctors, dentists, solicitors ... but there are also some very good ones. it is a matter of choosing right.

Besides, there is nothing wrong with DIY medical treatment.

We are getting into deep water here. Not sure where you are, but in the UK medical treatment is free so there is no point in not going to the doctors. Be diffent if you have to pay I suppose. You are never forced to do what the doctor says anyway. He only advises.

Treating yourself can be dangerous, so in that sense there is something wrong with it. My uncle almost died because of self diagnosis and treatment.

Last edited:
"In the main, my experience is that there are some incompitent doctors, dentists, solicitors ...but there are also some very good ones. it is a matter of choosing right."
Too late for doctor Shipman's patients.

"In the main, my experience is that there are some incompitent doctors, dentists, solicitors ...but there are also some very good ones. it is a matter of choosing right."
Too late for doctor Shipman's patients.

Yes too true, but there are evil people in all professions- just too bad if you get one.

Then one day our house was completely destroyed by a gas explosion. ....... But I never heard the rumble again.
Ouch! That's a rather drastic cure for tinnitus!

Hi cowboy,

Yeah, Wow is the word. All the neighbours thought we were dead.

Shhh, don't tell the insurance company about the battery charger :D

I also find kids with amplifier systems turned up high enough to rattle windows disturbing, but that is not Earth resonating. It is just fools who are too stupid to do anything useful.
Haha, good one :D to be honest, i do this too when i'm home alone, and i live so in so remote area it won't bother anyone
Shhh, don't tell the insurance company about the battery charger :D
which wasn't intented for those batteries in first place (LiPo anyone?) :D

But, for topic, i asked this about this green man standing on my shoulder.....sorry! :D
But, i too get some weird ''whine'' in ear sometimes, it goes away in just few seconds and haven't bothered much about it

i too get some weird ''whine'' in ear sometimes, it goes away in just few seconds and haven't bothered much about it
This is how it started for all of us.
If you keep the music loud enough you wont hear the tinnitus if it comes.

bugger, i'm screwed...

To simplify, tinnitus comes in two forms, mechanical & psychosomatic. The former I don't understand but for the latter:
(1) Enjoy life
(2) Plenty of exercise
(3) Good diet
(4) Don't worry
(5) Have a good booze up from time to time

I'm pretty sure that everyone has mild tinnitus from time to time. I got it once when playing cricket when cricket ball hit me in the head.

Talking about listening loud, I do too, but on headphones; annoys the hell out of my wife because my good phones are open-backed. One night I left the wick turned right up. The next evening I put the phones on, hit media jukebox and settled down to a good book. The first track started almost silently so I didn't notice. Then the drums came in- made me jump through the roof!

After (I was in bedroom, top left):

house_31bda_explosion_mod1_1000px.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back