Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

mysterious component

Status
Not open for further replies.

barn324

Hi,

I have a 16 pin chip with the following details on it: "PT 8A263P Z0231NW" and I absolutely do not know what it is. If anyone had any idea, I shall be most grateful!
Cheers
Barn

Street address?

Barn, that looks like a "house number" to me. IBM and Western Electric use house numbers all the time. In case you don't know, a house number is an internal number, more or less a part number, assigned by the manufacturer, and as such, is usually an internal secret. The IC may be a very common device, such as a 74LS192, but you'll never know that by the number printed on the IC unless you have some company confidential cross reference. Using one of the Internet data sheet look-up sites will be worthless in this case. Sorry.

Dean

Re: Street address?

Perhaps you could try to use a ICtester if it is a logic IC (TTL or CMS)
you may find out its reference.
MB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back