Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

My stun gun don't work. Need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baran

Hi. My stun gun was work properly. Then i was try puncture a baloon with stun gun. Now my stun gun don't work properly. When I push the button I can't see a electrical arc. Only hearing a high pitch. Is it broken?

If the batteries are good it should arc as it did before. Stun guns either work or they don't. The high pitch is the oscillator which should happen. No arc could be weak batteries or it could have failed in the high voltage output stage. Without a drawing there is no logical way to troubleshoot these things.

Ron

If the batteries are good it should arc as it did before. Stun guns either work or they don't. The high pitch is the oscillator which should happen. No arc could be weak batteries or it could have failed in the high voltage output stage. Without a drawing there is no logical way to troubleshoot these things.

Ron

Flashlight working. And battery have enough power for arc. Is short circuit can be happen when i tried hit balloon?

Can do, due to the balloon, but Quite often the Output transformer will fail on these devices.

Last edited:
Because that balloon Does Not Conduct, It Stops the External Arc and this can cause the High Voltage to Exceed the Internal Flash-over within the Output Transformer.
Causing it to Fail.

That Arc, acts like a Zener to Limit the output Voltage.

The External Arc Must Occur, or the transformers Output Voltage will go MUCH Higher, Causing an Internal Short in it.

Last edited:
Although this topic doesn't break the rules of the forum.... I have moved it to the High Voltage section and ask members to tread carefully... High voltage must be respected as it can cause undue torment cant it Clyde!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back