Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

My Secret recipie

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Campbell's chicken mushroom soup will probably have more than enough salt.

I don't add salt or sugar as a matter of course, I normally taste the food first. Some foods require salt or sugar to cook properly so sometimes I have no choice.

I suspect you are right about the soup. Don't have a can with me to check.

I keep a lot of Campbells soups in my kitchen as they are always great cooking additions. The Cream of Mushroom, Cream of Chicken, French Onion soup to name a few.

I often just experiment and see how it goes. Sometimes I experiment and it turns out great. In the past I would never write it down so I could not duplicate the recipe, so now I take photos, plus picture of ingredients used :) Too lazy to write, so digicam...

Don't plan to be one. Unless Gordon Ramsey calls me :)

No reason to add salt in the cooking stage, as it does not add anything to the cooking process other than remove moisture from the meat. Even if it does not, I think one should allow the dinner guest to salt to fit their taste.

Again, you'd never make a chef :D - they always add salt and seasoning during cooking, it's an essential part of cooking at any decent kind of standard.

Here's a tasty dish - appleasuce over real mashed potatos -- sounds weird but it tastes good. Make sure the potatos are dry and not buttered or have gravy! Well, that's how us poor folks do it anyways!

Here's a tasty dish - appleasuce over real mashed potatos -- sounds weird but it tastes good. Make sure the potatos are dry and not buttered or have gravy! Well, that's how us poor folks do it anyways!

I think I'm one of the few other people that's done that. Man is that delicious with some cinnamon applesauce!!

(The others are probably reading and going "WTF?!" :) )

Cool, I don't feel so odd now! Actually that strange mix came from my dad's side of the family. Dunno where they got it from other than it's supposed to be some sort of "Polish" dish?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back