Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

My Secret recipie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikebits

The **** chat forum has slowed a touch, so I thought I would spice it up a bit with one of my masterpiece meals.
See images attached.

I start off with boneless chicken pieces. I brown them on high heat in a frying pan with olive oil. Just brown the chicken then remove. Next I take a good size baking dish. I put the chicken in the pan, along with green and red bell pepper chunks, onions, mushrooms, and tomato, and pour in a can of Campbells chicken mushroom soup.

Were not done yet. Take a few good size potato, peel them, and slice to about 1/4 inch. (Do the metric conversion). I place the potato on top and all around the whole mix in the pan. spread the peppers and soup on top as well. Bake in oven (Around 375 F) until potato look nice and brown. Serve and watch everyone smile. See images below.

I forgot to mention. While browning the chicken, I do so with some of the chunks of peppers, onions, tomato.
Far left photo shows how it looks before baking with the potato and soup added.

Attachments

• DSC00532.JPG
    DSC00532.JPG
    60.7 KB · Views: 230
  • DSC00535.JPG
    DSC00535.JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 215
  • DSC00534.JPG
    DSC00534.JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 229
Last edited:
Before anyone says anything. I realize I spelled recipe wrong... It was my keyboards fault.

By the way gentleman. A woman loves a man who can cook, and the rewards are as often as good as the dish, if ya know what I mean...

For you single guys, cook a great dinner for a woman and you will be glad you did... :)

It works better than namby pamby poetry...

Last edited:
Looks yummie. I'll have to give it a go.

It is good. One trick I have learned is to keep a mixure of olive oil and water on hand. If while cooking, your meal starts to look dry, just add some of the mixture. The key is not to let it dry out.

Also, nice juicy tomato has a lot of moisture and flavor.

Last edited:
The recipe looks good, I will try it when I get back home in a week or so.

about 1/4 inch. (Do the metric conversion).
There is an advert on the TV here (India), which proudly announces that a certain frying pan is made from material 6.35mm thick. I think they did the conversion!

JimB

By the way gentleman. A woman loves a man who can cook, and the rewards are as often as good as the dish, if ya know what I mean...
For you single guys, cook a great dinner for a woman and you will be glad you did... :)

It works better than namby pamby poetry...

hi Mike,
Reminds me of an old joke [American].

"Candy is Dandy.... but Liquor is Quicker.!" :rolleyes:

A more serious note, do you keep the salt content down as low as reasonable.?

Last edited:
One last thing. You could do this dish with beef, but instead of putting the potato on the meat dish, Do it deperate as the beef would get to rubbery waiting for potato to cook. In other word put the taters in first, seperate pan. Have not tried this however, so do so at your own risk :)

Change deperate to seperate... :)

Last edited:
One last thing. You could do this dish with beef, but instead of putting the potato on the meat dish, Do it deperate as the beef would get to rubbery waiting for potato to cook. In other word put the taters in first, seperate pan. Have not tried this however, so do so at your own risk :)

I think you have got some gravy on your keyboard.:)

hi Mike,
Reminds me of an old joke [American].

"Candy is Dandy.... but Liquor is Quicker.!" :rolleyes:

A more serious note, do you keep the salt content down as low as reasonable.?

Never, ever put salt. It causes the solute on the outside of the meat to become hypotonic, or the other way around. At any rate, the salt causes the meat to dry out.

I never use salt while cooking. This is the worst thing you could do to your would be culinary masterpiece :)

To all you BBQ Jedi masters out there, tell your young padawans, never use salt as it will lead to the rubbery meat side :)

I never use salt while cooking. This is the worst thing you could do to your would be culinary masterpiece :)

To all you BBQ Jedi masters out there, tell your young padawans, never use salt as it will lead to the rubbery meat side :)

hi Mike,
Nice looking meal, I suppose its portioned to serve two people.
[Do you do home deliveries.?]

I never add salt to my cooking, for salads etc I use garlic granules for seasoning.

Salt also turns your arteries 'rubbery'.:eek:

hi Mike,
Nice looking meal, I suppose its portioned to serve two people.
[Do you do home deliveries.?]

I never add salt to my cooking, for salads etc I use garlic granules for seasoning.

Salt also turns your arteries 'rubbery'.:eek:

Yes, I only cook for my wife and I. There are usually leftovers however.

Salt is not a good thing for cooking, we humans get enough NaCl without adding more. For cooking, I have seen so many people add salt while cooking steaks. This is the worst thing you can do.

So listen up guys. Never cook meats with salt, it is like a dessicant. I am not that great with electronics or even much else, but I do have some knowledge in cooking. Salt---> Crappy

Last edited:
What's wrong with salt?

BTW, there are numerous recipes using salt encrusted meat. That way adds very little salty taste. The meat is tender and has a unique, delicate taste. I have used it with roasted beef (used Kosher salt crystals) and had some of the most delicious fish ever in Spain cooked that way.

John

Mike,

Do you consider corn a vegetable? The general rule is not to add salt to the water used to boil corn -- it toughens it. Some people add just a tiny bit of sugar, though. Then, add salt after cooking.

That advice comes straight from Iowa, where they do know corn (and pigs).

John

The Campbell's chicken mushroom soup will probably have more than enough salt.

I don't add salt or sugar as a matter of course, I normally taste the food first. Some foods require salt or sugar to cook properly so sometimes I have no choice.

You'll never make a chef then :D

Don't plan to be one. Unless Gordon Ramsey calls me :)

No reason to add salt in the cooking stage, as it does not add anything to the cooking process other than remove moisture from the meat. Even if it does not, I think one should allow the dinner guest to salt to fit their taste. In fact many people are on low salt diets, so why add it when it will work just the same if you salt after it is cooked. Most good marinades contain no salt.

I think the reason salt drys out meat is that the moisture rich meat (solution side) attempts to balance the water content of the solute (Salt) side of the meat. The effect is water leaves the meat to the higher salt concentrated area. Kinda like what happens when you pour salt on a slug.

Mike,

Do you consider corn a vegetable? The general rule is not to add salt to the water used to boil corn -- it toughens it. Some people add just a tiny bit of sugar, though. Then, add salt after cooking.

That advice comes straight from Iowa, where they do know corn (and pigs).

John

The sugar makes sense because most of the corn is a carbohydrate(polysaccharide) and sugar is a disaccharide, so the outside of the corn (the water with little sugar) would be the lower solute concentration and thus, water would enter the corn and make it seem juicer. Just my guess, I think I will study this a bit more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back