Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

My new windmill

Status
Not open for further replies.

shawn

Hi all I am going to show all my new mill as it gets built many have built this type before me I am just having a go :eek:
should get around 3 kw
I will update thread as i progress

Here is my magnet plates and stator mounting bracket all lazer cut.
001.JPG
And my mill without mags or stator
004.JPG
my coil winder
dual ax flux mill 002.JPG
and one finished coil
dual ax flux mill 003.JPG
Am sending magnet plates for powder coating.
More to come.....

more time than i care to think about learning what i need to know but now i am on my 5th windmill i can put one together quite quickly.
here some pictures of my sliprings homemade around a rear hub on a frontweel drive car some just bolt on this will turn my mill into the wind.
sliprings 002.JPG
sliprings 003.JPG
now all that needs doing is using the ring for a dam to pour resin in then cut/seperate them and add my carbon brushes.

010.JPG
Here is my stattor mold almost ready to pour the blue stuff in one coil is wax when finished I can remove this and the hole left might help with cooling.

Hi Shawn,

Im still waiting for my 1 cent royality per ring for the slip ring design.:D

Pete.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back