My first PCB

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to have fortune in my login script.

Well, I work up this morning (that is a good thing) and my right sinus is sort of plugged up and sore. I had a paint respirator on last night as well, mind you I have 3 kids, could be anything.

kchriste, be careful with that stuff. I might try a board with it today. But the ferric is much safer to me. It is messy on a spill, but thank goodness I did not spill the HCL, hate to see what that would do.

In a pinch and if you have a good working procedure it is probably OK. But I think it is a lot more work, costly and one mistake could be very bad.

kchriste, be careful with that stuff.
You bet! I kept a couple of buckets of water around when I was etching just to be on the safe side.
I might try a board with it today. But the ferric is much safer to me.
Ferric does appear to be a bit tamer than HCL, but it was interesting to experiment...

I put 3 small 1/2 full eye droppers of it in 4-5 oz of water, and shot it on the concrete outside and it foamed up and figured, ferric cholride works for me.

No reason to screw it that stuff My nose is still a little stuffed up.

When I hit it with the hose it was neutralize pretty fast though.. But I did not like the smoke last night and the fizzing today.. Stuff is strong for sure and it is 43% I think..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…