Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MultiSim

Status
Not open for further replies.

stk2008

Hi all I am looking at an electronics program to play around in.

I was looking at MultiSim and have done some searching but with no luck.

I was looking to see if MultiSim actually shows the failure of LED and other components eg displays the component actually blowing like another program I used many years ago (sorry cant remember what one it was now).

Any way all my searches result with zero answers.

Please advise on this.

Thanks

Multisim has no boundary checking?

It was a question, I've never used multisim.

Hey again :).

That`s what I thought but was just making sure.

Can we have an answer from some one who has used splease.

Thanks

MultiSim is a genius piece of work, I have worked with it and have designed and tested circuits with it :D for your question about failures in the software, yes the answer is simply yes, some things in it wont show as being blown or destroyed but you will get errors when something is incorrect, fuses and light bulbs both show as blown if they do fail during testing, the software also has an error checker built into it but it isnt all that great, you can also, if you have the other part, send the circuit to another software to be setup on a circuit board.

Hi Raster burn the other part I assume is Utilboard?.

I am not sure when I could get Multi sim due to funds let alone any other pieces of software but thanks for helping me.

I was looking to see if MultiSim actually shows the failure of LED and other components eg displays the component actually blowing like another program I used many years ago (sorry cant remember what one it was now).
It may have been Analog Workbench, a program from many years ago that, as I recall, did show a component being zapped if its parameters were exceeded.

This feature is now available on PSPICE Studio according to this.

I have been speaking to a few friends and they say that Multi sim does not actually show the device pop all you get is an open in the circuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back