Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Boost converter multisim simulation error

Status
Not open for further replies.

zazas321

1547575997435.png

Hello guys. I am trying to simulate a boost converter specifications given:

Vin=12V
Rload=100
Vout=24V
F=100kHz
Current and voltage ripple = 5%
Vdiode=0.7V

In the simulation, Vout is measured at arround 22V instead of 24V and the ripples are tiny bit smaller than calculated
Based on the requirements I have calculated values for inductor and capacitor. I have simulated the circuit and it seems that there is a slight error between my calculations and the simulation. I have tried experimenting with the multisim and different duty cycles and it seems that the higher duty cycle I use, the more error I get in the simulation. I know that the efficiency is going down as you increase the duty cycle in real life, but I assume that multisim does not take into account and simulates the ideal scenario where the efficiency is 100%. Does anyone know what could be the problem?

Those differences between calculated and simulated values seem reasonable.

The efficiency is affected by the MOSFET and diode switching losses, which are indeed simulated.

If you want 100% efficiency then you need to use perfect switches and diodes.

Multisim and you did not read the datasheet of the very slow 1N4001 rectifier.
The 1N4001 is a 100Hz rectifier and does almost nothing at 100kHz. Use a very fast 1 Amp 1N5819 Schottky diode instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back