Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Multiplex switches

Status
Not open for further replies.
Projects people should not build
1. UPS
They're cheaper to buy although watching a car battery explode is always entertaining.
2. Sms cell phone alarm system
Is leaving a cell phone in your car cost effictive?
3. Remote control switch with 3km range
The posters are always shrouded in mystery. What is a good use of such a device?

corection?

shouldn't that be I= 10/(20+5)?!

It's simple. Consider a 20 kOhm resistor in series with a 5 kOhm resistor, with 10 V applied across them. You want to determine the voltage at the point between them. First thing you do is calculate the current through the resistors:

I = V / R

I = 10 / (15 k + 5 k)

I = .5 mA

Now that you know that, you can calculate the voltage drop across each resistor:

V = I x R

V1 = .5 mA x 15 k

V1 = 7.5 V

V2 = .5 mA x 5 k

V2 = 2.5 V

Reality check: the two voltages should sum to the total supply voltage. 7.5 + 2.5 = 10. If you have more than two resistors, you can just extend this process. Now, work out your voltage drops.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back