Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Multi-Socket Protection

Status
Not open for further replies.

qtommer

Hi,

I am currently building a multi-socket that can be controlled through SMS via relays and I have some questions on the safety implementations of the socket.

I have attached a diagram of how i intend to protect the electrical appliances that will be connected to the socket using a fuse. The current rating of household appliances in my country is rated at 13A.

I did some googling and i found out that slow-blow fuses should be implemented because certain appliances require induction current to startup which would require a higher current above the rated current. If i were to increase the current capacity of the fuse for this matter, protection would then be not achieved. Hence slowblow is the way to go.=)

Other than that, should there be any other safety measures that I should consider? I am pretty new to this and I hope to receive advice on any fundamentals that I should consider while implementing a fuse protection circuit for my multi-socket. (circuit, layout of fuses on PCB..etc..)

thank you very much=)

Attachments

• protector circui&#11.png
    protector circui&#11.png
    10 KB · Views: 176
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back