Multi-Socket Protection

Status
Not open for further replies.

qtommer

Hi,

I am currently building a multi-socket that can be controlled through SMS via relays and I have some questions on the safety implementations of the socket.

I have attached a diagram of how i intend to protect the electrical appliances that will be connected to the socket using a fuse. The current rating of household appliances in my country is rated at 13A.

I did some googling and i found out that slow-blow fuses should be implemented because certain appliances require induction current to startup which would require a higher current above the rated current. If i were to increase the current capacity of the fuse for this matter, protection would then be not achieved. Hence slowblow is the way to go.=)

Other than that, should there be any other safety measures that I should consider? I am pretty new to this and I hope to receive advice on any fundamentals that I should consider while implementing a fuse protection circuit for my multi-socket. (circuit, layout of fuses on PCB..etc..)

thank you very much=)

Attachments

• protector circui&#11.png
    10 KB · Views: 181
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…