Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

mta-4 monster truck

Status
Not open for further replies.

danielsmusic

i am getting a mta-4 monster truck in 2 days the new .28 engine is in it.
has anyone got one? do you know the specks i looked on google and it just said the width and length but no speed. have you got any driving tips for me?

thanks, dan

danielsmusic said:
i am getting a mta-4 monster truck in 2 days the new .28 engine is in it.
has anyone got one? do you know the specks i looked on google and it just said the width and length but no speed. have you got any driving tips for me?

thanks, dan

Don't run anyone over with that thing!
:lol:

It won't go 50 mph is most likely is clocked at 44mph plus it depends on what type of nitro it runs on and if you wanted to you could add another 5 mph with a few high performence parts.

Optikon said:
Don't run anyone over with that thing!
:lol:

Especially through that brown mushy stuff you find on the street. Sometimes it's yellow, but watchout!!! :lol:

If this is your first car, dont do anything stupid with it, such as trying to make it jump a massive ramp or something. 90% of the end results of such stupidity end in bent chassis, bent axles, cracked shells or rooted electronics (those crystals in the reciever do shatter!)

run model planes mostly but iv had a monster truck before, i was good at driving them. i want headlights for it, what should i use bulbs or led's. leds are not thast bright, but don't draw much current. a bulb will be bright but will draw alot of current.

i tack it that a 5w luxon is a led but that is alot of power 5/5 is 1 so it will draw 1A at 5 volts i only want to draw 50 mA at the most

yea i was thinking about that. i seen on the internet somwhere i can't find now but you can use the reciver to turn on the leds with just a 555 timer do you know how?

i had an idea from a different topic, if i put 2 the graffite of a pencil into a sealed conataner collect the gases i get when i put current through it and put the gas into the air inlet what will happen then?

graphite is a pure form of carbon, If you apply electricity through it'll probably bond with the oxygen atoms in the air, and form CO2. (not good for your engine.

Graphite is however a very good lubricant, but dont use it on your engine.

danielsmusic said:
if i put 2 the graffite of a pencil

1) yor langwidge not sense is makin
2) What exactly are you trying to produce? Acetylene? Hydrogen?
3) Bad Idea. Very Bad Idea. Both acetylene and hydrogen are HIGHLY explosive, and you are likely to end up losing fingers / eyes. This picture is the result of an acetylene explosion:

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

Talkin of acetelyne explosions, I was working at cockatoo dockyard in the early 80's when a acetelyne bottle expolded in a dry dock. Two workers were at the other end of the dry dock and both got killed aswell as the bloke who caused the explosion. Just to show the scale the dry dock was over 300 foot long. I wasn't a pretty site either.
Another time when I was working in a machineshop there was an oxy hose running behind the radial drill I was working, well the oxy back burned and the hose went bang right behind me as I had my head under the main arm of the drill. The next thing I knew I was in an ambulance as when the hose went bang I shot up hitting and gashing my head pretty bad and knocking me out in the process. So anyone using oxy sets without flashback arrestors derserves all they get if one blows.

Cheers Bryan :D

sorry bout language, i was just tyed. the setup i would do would projuce hydrogen, oxigen and colorine. i thought the colorine would stop the hydrogen from being so explosive. and the whole mixure would be a very small amount. just a idea, but looking at that explosion i don't want to even try to do it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back